2006-03-30

Migrated to Wordpress

I've abandoned Blogger.com in favour of Wordpress. You can see my new blog (with all of this blog's posts) at sinewalker.wordpress.com

Later (2015): I migrated from Wordpress to my own personal domain: milosophical.me

Why have I done this?
  1. Nobody actually reads this blog besides me (I think) so it won't inconvinience anyone
  2. Blogger is good, but it has some limitations with post formatting and doing out-of-the-ordinary things. I find I need to work around Blogger too much. Wordpress is more hackable
  3. Features such as Categories (tags) and link-rolls are not built-in, so I need to do some crufty hacks and maintain two different Delicious accounts, where I'd rather just have one. Wordpress has these extra features built in
  4. Wordpress converts emoticons. I like that :-)
  5. I can ultimately host my blog on my own server with Wordpress (currently I'm using Wordpress' free hosting at wordpress.com)
  6. Wordpress is open-sourced, Blogger is Google. This doesn't really bother me politically, but I do like the idea that I can take my blog with me with Wordpress, whereas with Blogger, my blog depends on Google's fortunes. While betting on Google is pretty-much a sure thing, you never know... ;-)
  7. Migrating to Wordpress was mostly painless. It even fixed up the problem I've had with Flickr posts, where the citations drop off if I add my own “Filed in” division
So, if you've been reading my blog, thanks! It's not over, I'm still blogging at wordpress now.

Filed in:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home